Saturday, April 9, 2011

Our new chapter in our love story with Christ

On the eve of our "big move" across town I am sitting in bed  beautifully overwhelmed in God's Goodness.  As my children are fast asleep all safe in their beds, I am reminded of how faithful our Lord truly is, and not too long ago, I could barely see through the darkness to find the light.  I am welling up with tears as I type.  Not full of sadness but of joy.  Earlier this fall my sweet Alyssa came to us bravely sharing that she had been molested by our next door neighbor babysitter, to then find out our youngest daughter was as well.  It almost seems like that was a lifetime ago, or that I was just a bystander at times looking in on the pain.  I remember the days after not wanting to wake up, or just wishing that this didn't happen.  But very soon after our faithful Lord began the healing.  He brought amazing godly people into our lives that help muddle us through the thick of the mud and evil.  To realize that our God is bigger than this world.  That our God says that we will face evil, we will face pain, but that He will carry us through.  How from that day forward after my precious Alyssa spoke those words a mother wishes never to hear, I began to fall more in love with my Savior.  I began doing the only thing I had strength to do.  And that my friends was to dive deeply in the strength of the Living Word.  It was those precious promises that have gave my family the strength to move through the pain.  It is His Word of truth that strengthened us to be able to still be a light in the midst of the darkness that lived right next door.  But not for long.  Our faithful Heavenly Father has made the way for us to leave.  Carrying us every step of the way.  I can feel the heavy burden that lays on my heart every time I see her, starting to be lifted.  The Lord as us to still show love, He asked us to forgive, He asked us to see them as humans that He also created and wishes whole heartedly that they will choose to love Him too.  So what has been the greatest lesson out of all this pain.  Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.  While we were yet sinners Christ died for us.  I choose to praise Him in the midst of the wrong doings that were done to my family.  Although I will maybe never hear I am sorry, or ever see remorse, it is not up to me to seek it.  My family is on this side of the pain, and we love God in spite of the pain.  I we truly know that we could very well still be in the muck of our own sin with a darkened heart waiting to be forgiven.  Instead we were saved by the power of the cross.  This earth is the only darkness we will ever see.  And we are only temporarily passing through, and one day my daugthers will be whole again on the other side of the cross.  But until then my Lord will love them through the pain.  Praise God for that power.  I know that the Cantrell's have an amazing love story with our Lord to share.  

5 comments:

  1. I had typed a comment but I guess that I didn't do something right. I am so sorry to hear that something like this has happened to your precious girls. I know that it has to hurt, for someone that you put trust in to watch your children, could do something so horrible. I don't know if I would have the strength to not severly hurt the person. (I hope that you don't mind but I called Dave on skype and talked to him about this. He couldn't believe it either. He said if he gets a chance he will email James, if that's ok. He doesn't want to upset him or anything, but to just offer support.) I know that God will get your family through this. Your girls are so lucky to have parents like you and James. Please, if there is anything that I can do for you, don't hesitate to ask. I hope that one day our paths will cross again. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "we truly know that we could very well still be in the muck of our own sin with a darkened heart waiting to be forgiven." Amazing words, Kari. My heart hurts with your hurts and rejoices with your joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kari, God has shown himself through your words. He has a living example of his promise in you and your family. I love you from afar, one of the friends I have known the longest in my life. How I wish I could give you a huge hug, give your kids huge hugs, and be a closer part of your life. I will include you in our prayers as you go through your big move! My prayers are also with your little girls as they learn from your example the power of forgiveness. I love you, my friend.
    --Kelly Kolba Bickley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kari,
    Thank you so much for sharing your family's story. I know this has broken you, and I'm thankful that you've stayed firm in Christ, our only Healer. Your beautiful words have always inspired me, and I look forward to learning more of what God's doing in your life.
    Thank you for listening to your daughters and responding quickly. You are their protector and you proved yourself worthy of the title "mom" in this experience.
    Love you, sweet friend!
    Summer Munyon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kari, I am so sorry that you are you family have to go through this. Your love for the Lord is so inspiring and encouraging. I do want to encourage you to keep posting about your families healing process. I am positive it will help other families out there who are going through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete